We are pleased to be able to offer some fantastic new free-of-charge courses this autumn via Zoom:
- 6-Week Cookery Course with Chequers Kitchen Cookery School, 29th Oct – 26th Nov, Thursdays 2-3pm
If you’re passionate about food & cookery, this could be a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills, techniques and recipes. This is a 6-week interactive cookery demonstration course with an opportunity to ask questions. Sit back, enjoy the demonstration & the recipe will be emailed to you after the class.
- 5-Week Mindfulness Course, starting Wednesday 21st October, 11am-12.30pm
Mindfulness is a technique you can learn which involves making a special effort to notice what’s happening in the present moment (in your mind, body and surroundings) – without judging anything. It can help you
- become more self-aware
- feel calmer and less stressed
- feel more able to choose how to respond to your thoughts and feelings
- cope with difficult or unhelpful thoughts
- be kinder towards yourself
Studies have shown that Mindful Living can help improve our wellbeing and mental health. This 5-week course will bring the opportunity to learn about and feel the benefits of Mindfulness. No special equipment required, just a comfortable place to sit.
It will be of great benefit to you also if you have a note book to use from week-to-week (using it for other sessions that you may attend as well).
- Coping with Life – Managing Anxiety, Tuesday 20th October, 11am-12.30pm
Strangely enough – we do need some level of anxiety in our lives. Join this theory and chat session to learn about why we have anxiety, why it is sometimes helpful and begin to understand how to go about managing anxiety.
Please have a note book and pen handy – this would be a useful thing to have to use for any of our sessions – it will help to build a personal toolbox.
- Coping with Life – Maintaining Mental Health During the Pandemic, Tuesday 27th October, 11am-12.30pm
The session will help us to:
- understand our reactions to the pandemic
- find and share ways in which we can actively look after our mental health
- gain a sense of control and purpose
- cope with the current situation and be better able to see it in perspective
Please have a notebook and pen to hand – keeping notes will help us to build resilience for the future. You can use it for any of the courses that you might attend.
If you’re interested in booking a place on any of these courses, phone 01303 250090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org