Creative writing can be an excellent way to improve your confidence! Jotting down how you feel, your experiences and positive moments may help you to express yourself and remind you of how far you have come on your journey.
South Kent Mind’s creative writing group got a boost in a recent session, focusing on creative writing and journaling for self-confidence. Mind member, Tiffany, wrote these lovely pieces about her wellbeing journey and the joy of spring:
12 Compliments to Me:
- Well done for getting through secondary school, when you couldn’t be yourself or felt you wasn’t accepted by other students, just for being you
- Well done for rescuing our dog Skye from the kennels and helping her to build confidence and giving her a second chance to be happy and be in a home where she is loved and for training her.
- Well done for losing weight and having the willpower for not having a slice of cake yesterday
- Well done for helping your grandparents and brother when they need your help
- Well done for making a start to overcome your anxiety and to come back to the old you
- Well done for coming out of a wheelchair and going into mainstream school
- Well done for clearing out grandad’s garage which took 8 hours.
- Well done for being able to decorate your bedroom with a budget
- Well done when you set up your grandad’s iPad when we thought it went wrong and thought we had to take it to the apple store to get it fixed.
- Well done for clearing out the cabinet drawers in the conservatory for your grandparents
- Well done for doing jobs and not giving up and having patience
- Well done for helping your grandparents with the shopping, when they have never had anyone to do it for them.
Spring is about the beautiful flowers showing off their beautiful colours, spring is about bees collecting the pollen to make delicious honey, the bluebells moving swiftly in the spring breeze, with the blueness of the petals shining, beautiful fresh green grass looking fresh, with beautiful leaves on it, Tall trees standing proud overlooking the beautiful colours of flowers and all the nature, yellow lilies showing off their tall strong stems and beautiful green petals, the bluebells moving swiftly to encourage the bees to collect pollen from their beautiful flowers… hearing the bird squawking excited and happy to be part of the spring season.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us, Tiffany!
Want to get creative with us?
If you’re already a Mind member you can join our creative writing group by emailing email@example.com or phoning 01303 250090.
You can self-refer to South Kent Mind if you’re experiencing or have experienced mental health problems and you live in the Folkestone or Dover districts.
Once you’ve completed your referral, you’ll be able to join in on activities! You can view our activities calendar here.
Looking to give back?
If you’d like to donate towards better mental health please visit our donate page here