A film depicting one man’s journey from anxiety and depression through to better mental health will be screened in Folkestone.
South Kent Mind is to hold the UK Premiere of the short film ‘Triggered’ at its resource centre in Folkestone on Tuesday, 12 July.
Triggered tells the tale of a mental health sufferer on his journey to receiving support from a local Mind charity. The film will be available across the country for local Mind charities to use as a resource. The cast includes Ricky Yates from Folkestone who will join the director for a Q&A session after the screening at the Premiere. Tickets for the screening are free but must be pre booked in advance due to restricted availability.
- Date: Tuesday, 12 July.
- Screen times: 4.30pm, 5pm, 5.30pm. (6pm if sufficient demand).
- Film length: 12 minutes.
- Location: South Kent Mind, Abercrombie’s Café entrance, junction of Mill Bay and Dover Road, Folkestone CT20 1JS.
- Ticket cost: free of charge but for adults only. Max two tickets per organisation.
- Book at: www.southkentmind.org.uk/triggered
- Tickets available on a first come, first served basis.
Simon Dolby from South Kent Mind said: “We are delighted to have been able to provide support to the production team during the life of this project and are thrilled to be hosting its first screening here in Folkestone. This will help raise awareness of mental health issues across the community as well as provide a resource the charity’s Wellbeing Co-ordinators can use in workshops with clients over the coming months.