South Kent Mind responds to the aspirations and needs of the people using or potentially using the services, and to national and local trends and legislation.
It is important to have a recognised and meaningful forum for members to explore, challenge, and scrutinise the ideas and services and a direct and accountable pathway to the Board of Trustees and the Senior Management Team to share those thoughts and ideas.
The Forum must be respected and heard and any outcomes from the discussions shared effectively and clearly.
Both Positive and Negative comments and observations are an important part of the learning and outcomes and will be heard and acknowledged and used to improve services
The Member Forum of Folkestone and District Mind will:
- Meet regularly to share thoughts, ideas and suggestions about Folkestone and District Mind and support the development of the organisation
- Provide the Trustee Board and the Senior Management Team with insights and feedback about the services from a lived experience perspective
- Assist in the recruitment and induction of new staff and volunteers
- Assist in the induction of people new to Folkestone and District Mind
- Assist in the culture of acceptance and openness that FDM supports and promotes
- Flag any issues that impact on the wellbeing of people within FDM
- Welcome new Forum members as appropriate and assist in their induction