1. Finance Officer
Mental Health Charity, South Kent Mind, is seeking a part-time Accounting and Finance Officer to assist the work of its team. The charity serves the Folkestone and Dover districts and has an office in Folkestone town centre.
The role is for 21 hours per week enabling the postholder to continue their studies at college if needed.
South Kent Mind has recently migrated its accounts on to Sage, which you would take charge of, and you would play a leading role in preparing reports and budgets, under the guidance of the Treasurer and Chief Executive. The postholder is expected to work from the office at least one day per week and can be home based for the other days per week.
- 21 hours per week
- Annual full time equivalent salary: £21,263
- Hourly rate: £11.05
- Pro rata annual pay: £12,068
Please click on the attachment below for Finance Officer Job Description.
If this post is of interest then send a copy of your CV to Simon Dolby, CEO of South Kent Mind, at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Chair of Trustees
We’re seeking a new Chair to lead and shape the strategic direction of South Kent Mind. If you are someone who relishes a challenge then leading the Board of Trustees at South Kent Mind will be that challenge, while working with a group of like-minded, passionate, experienced and friendly people.
We worked hard at South Kent Mind during the past year, in exceptionally difficult circumstances, to ensure we were providing much-needed services to residents. Furthermore, we now have a raft of new Trustees who are enthusiastic, supportive and have a wide breadth of experience and knowledge. This, coupled with a newly appointed full-time CEO, means we are in the exciting position of being ready to grow and expand our services. We are seeking a new Chair to lead this growth. The right candidate will be someone who can dedicate the time and commitment, preferably for a minimum of 2 years.
Principle roles and responsibilities include:
- Financial management
- Decision making
- Policy management
- Risk management
- Performance measurement
- Ambassador for the organisation
As Chair you will be required to:
- Lead South Kent Mind and liaise with National Mind and local Mind organisations and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with its governing document, charity law, company law
- Lead the Board of Trustees in giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Safeguard the good name and value of the organisation
- Ensure financial stability and effective administration
- Chair the Trustee Board meetings and AGM, prepare and plan agenda, ensure agreed actions are implemented
- Direct and support the CEO
- Attend key internal and external meetings
- Ensure the Board of Trustees is comprised of a diverse range of skills, experience and knowledge
Board of Trustee meetings take place every two months. Currently, these meetings take place remotely, but we hope to resume meetings in our Folkestone-based centre as soon as it is possible to do so. You will also be required to attend meetings with the CEO, staff and the charity’s sub-committee meetings and duties between board meetings.
To apply for this voluntary post please contact Penelope James, Chair South Kent Mind, Penelope.email@example.com explaining why you would like to be considered for this role and also include your CV and a completed Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form. The closing date is 31 May 2021.
If you can’t find a suitable position, and if you would like to gain more experience and make a difference to your community, you may wish to consider volunteering for us.