We believe that the best services are those that have been co-created with people with relevant lived experience to that service.
In all of our projects, we look to include direct work from a person with lived experience, to build a Steering Group made up of members with lived experience, or to involve our Members Forum which is a general representative group made up of members that use our services on a regular basis.
This page is a record of the suggestions and input that we have received and what’s happened as a result.
If you would like to be involved, please sign up to our mailing list here and when opportunities come up we will email out to that mailing list.
You said – We did
- Can we have a monthly newsletter?
- There is already a monthly newsletter that is emailed out to everyone on our mailing list but it would be great to add in some information and photos of members’ activities. Please send information to email@example.com and it can be added to the website news page and then in the email newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter here.
- Can we have a ‘You said – We did’ page on the website to be able to see what the responses were to our suggestions?
- Yes, you can. Welcome to your page!
- Can we have a service to help with benefits applications?
- This is not a service that we currently provide, however the Citizens Advice Bureaux and in Folkestone, the Rotary Club, both are able to support people with welfare applications. It is a service that we hope to offer in-house in the future.
- Can we run a Bingo night?
- Yes, you can organise a Bingo night, but there are strict rules from the Gambling Commission about how the events must be run. You can view the rules here.
- Do we ask members who have stopped attending for feedback?
- We are moving to a new database system and part of that process will be exit interviews with members to gather feedback on our services; what worked and what could be improved.
- Can future Time to Change events be used as a public platform?
- Yes, excellent idea and next time the Time to Change events are scheduled, let’s work with the communications team to raise awareness and invite external people and organisations.
- Can members get involved in more projects? Can we have a skills register?
- A skills register is an excellent idea and that should be covered through our volunteering process. Any members who would like to volunteer should speak to one of the Wellbeing team about completing a volunteering application form.
- Can we display members’ artwork in the cafe?
- Because of the number of windows, there isn’t enough wall space in the cafe to display artwork aside from the cafe art. We would be happy to put on an exhibition of members art in the training room or at an external location subject to funding and volunteers being available.
- Can we have music playing in the crafts and games sessions
- Unfortunately, the costs of a PPL-PRS licence are prohibitive for a charity in that space so no commercial music can be played, however, we do have licences for non-commercial to be played through the Imagesound app which is currently in the Cafe area and can be extended.
- Can we have a suggestion box for feedback at the Folkestone Centre
- We have installed a suggestions, comments & feedback box to allow for named or anonymous feedback to be given